Saturday, October 17, 2009

Baby Hadley is HERE!

38 weeks and baby Hadley is here!! Early in the morning on October 15, at 1:35am, we welcomed Hadley Rae Bowers into the world. Here is the story, starting on October 13th.
The night of October 13 I was cooking dinner and I thought my water broke. I called the clinic and the nurse said I earned myself a trip to triage. Nathan and I packed up the car and headed to the hospital- not calling anyone yet. They didn't really ask questions about why I thought my water broke but they just hooked me up to a machine to check to see my contractions and mine and Hadley's heart beats. I found out that my water did not break, I guess I just peed my pants. I wanted to go home then but the nurse said I had to wait. She said I was dialated to a 3 and was effaced 70% and that was early labor because I was having contractions. After two hours we got to go home but the nurse bet us $10,000 that we would be back at triage within 24 hours. Well we go home and barely sleep that night. We go to work on Wednesday. I have contractions throughout the day but nothing unbearable. We had another doctor's appointment. Dr. Seale was not as optimistic as the nurse was the previous night. She said maybe within the next few days but probably not today. Well she checked me and I was dialated to a 4 and effaced 75%. She went ahead and sent me to triage but was unsure if I would stay. By the time I got down there Dr. Cole had told the nurses that we will be delivering a baby tonight! So we went ahead and got checked into our room, got blood work done, paper work done, and soon got my epidural. Soon my lower body was numb and I was working on having a baby. By 1:00am I was ready to deliver Hadley. By 1:35am she was out. It was AMAZING! There aren't even words to describe the feelings that consumed me when I heard her cry and then saw my baby girl. Nathan was able to cut the umbilical cord. Nathan was a great coach throughout the whole process.
Since delivery, we moved rooms and had a ton of visitors. It was great. Now we are at home enjoying Hadley here. She is beautiful and I am constantly amazed at God and His wonderful gift. We have been incredibly blessed. I am recovering well and the grandmas and Nathan are being super helpful. Please continue to pray for us and this huge transition in our lives. We are very excited about it but need prayers still.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful story. So glad everything went smooth and happy for you. We will keep your new family in our prayers. Have fun loving on that baby girl. Can't wait to meet her baby boy cousins :-)

    ReplyDelete